Helping People Injured By Careless Doctors And Hospitals

When a patient goes to a doctor or hospital to have a medical procedure performed, he or she is placing a great deal of trust in the medical professionals who will be involved. When that trust is violated by careless doctors and nurses, resulting in serious and even permanent injuries, the patient, at minimum, deserves fair financial compensation.

Attorney John Christiansen helps clients pursue money damages for medical malpractice. If you've been injured, contact John at his offices in Eastern Jackson County to schedule a free initial consultation. You will owe no attorney's fees unless John is able to help you get compensated.

Determining Whether There Was Medical Malpractice

While every medical procedure involves some risk, there are specific standards in place to reduce those risks. Doctors and other medical professionals are carefully trained in what they must do to protect their patients. When they do not follow their training and injures are caused as a result, they can be held liable for medical malpractice.

If you believe you have been injured due to medical malpractice, you should contact an attorney right away so your case can be promptly evaluated by a qualified medical expert within the deadlines for malpractice cases.

If you choose to hire John, the firm will pay the upfront costs of obtaining an expert opinion so your case can move forward. The expert report must verify not only that you were injured but also that the circumstances under which you were injured were in breach of the relevant standard of care.

Carefully Evaluating Your Serious Medical Injuries

Certain types of injuries are particularly prominent among those caused by medical malpractice, including birth injuries, surgical errors, pain and suffering caused by inadequate anesthesia, and allergic reactions to substances to which the patient was known to be allergic.

Again, not every case involving one of these injuries is a case of medical malpractice. Call 816-298-9892 or use the online contact form on this website to get a careful evaluation of your unique situation by an experienced medical malpractice lawyer.