Kansas City Workers' Compensation Benefits Attorney

Untangling the Knot of Workers' Compensation Benefits

So you suffered a workplace injury and been forced to seek medical treatment. The doctor tells you that you may have a permanent disability that will require years of treatment. To top it all off, you missed two weeks of work convalescing and being diagnosed. You need the support of an experienced Kansas and Missouri workers' compensation benefits lawyer to make sure you and your family do not suffer any more hardship because of your injury.

The Law Office of John Adams Christiansen, L.C., can help you navigate the bureaucracy and red tape of the workers' compensation system. John is an experienced Kansas City workers' compensation benefits lawyer who can make sure you get all the legal support you require in your time of need. Contact him online today to schedule a consultation.

We Offer Assistance in Filing for Workers' Comp

The workers' compensation benefits schemes are complex and difficult to calculate. If you have been injured and need assistance filing a claim or have been denied benefits, workers' comp benefits attorney John Christiansen can help you reach the best possible outcome for you and your family.

Often times, workers' compensation claims can be closely tied to personal injury claims, especially motor vehicle accidents. Make sure you diligently pursue all avenues of recovery. Contact Jackson County attorney John Christiansen to discuss your case today.

Types of Workers' Compensation Benefits

There are different kinds of workers' compensation benefits. If you have been injured at work, read below to see if any of the benefit types below could apply to your claim.

Basic Workers' Comp Benefits

  • Medical treatment: You are entitled to reasonable and necessary medical treatment to cure and relieve the effects of injuries you suffer on the job.
  • Temporary total disability (TTD): If you can't work because of the severity of your injury, you may be entitled to receive two-thirds of your gross weekly pay.
  • Permanent disability: If you've been injured and will be disabled for the rest of your life, the compensation type and amount you receive will depend on whether you are still able to work.

Lesser Benefits and Other Compensable Issues and Claims

  • Disfigurement: Money can be awarded for scarring on the face, neck, hands or lower arms. 40 weeks paid at compensation rate for permanent disability is the maximum amount allowable.
  • Gas mileage: Money for mileage may be available if transportation to medical treatment sessions is required.
  • Unpaid medical/prescription bills: Authorized treatment and attendant prescription medication should never be billed, but there may be situations where these bills have previously fallen through the cracks and were not covered by your original claim.

Second Injury Fund Claims

Injured workers may be entitled to additional money from the Second Injury Fund. The "Fund" is both a state governmental entity and makes money available to claimants under certain specific circumstances. There are three basic categories for recovery from the Second Injury Fund:

  • Pre-existing disability: If you have an existing disability that results in a new injury causing disability that is substantially greater than that which would have resulted from the new injury alone, you may be eligible.
  • Uninsured employer: If you were injured working for an employer who failed to have workers' compensation insurance, you may be eligible for compensation.
  • Second job wage loss: If you have been injured in a compensable accident, you may be able to get wage loss from your second job covered under the second injury fund.

Filing for Workers' Comp: Get Assistance From a Blue Springs Attorney

John A Christiansen has been helping injured workers in Kansas and Missouri for over 20 years. He knows the workers' comp system and can cut through the red tape so you can start collecting benefits. Contact workers' compensation benefits attorney John Christiansen today for a consultation about your case at our Kansas City (816-298-9892) or Blue Springs (816-298-9892) locations.