Understanding Your Rights Under Premises Liability Law

Property owners have a duty to maintain safe premises for visitors. If a property owner or landlord knows of an unsafe condition on the property, such as a wet floor or a broken stair, and fails to fix the problem, he or she may be held liable for any injuries that occur. This area of personal injury law is known as premises liability.

Attorney John A. Christiansen has helped countless clients in Kansas City and the surrounding area of Missouri bring claims for premises liability. For over 20 years, John Christiansen has represented injured clients and helped them receive compensation for expenses such as medical bills, lost wages as well as damages for pain and suffering.

Experienced Kansas City Premises Liability Lawyer

John has extensive experience helping clients injured on all types of commercial properties, including grocery stores, shopping malls, stores and parking lots. When you retain our firm, John will explain your legal options and immediately begin an investigation into your accident. He will work to secure just and fair compensation for your injuries.

We represent people who have been injured in a variety of accidents, including:

  • Slip-, trip-and-fall accidents – If you slipped, tripped or fell on another person's property, you may have a premises liability claim. Slip-and-fall accidents can result in serious injuries such as injuries to the brain, spinal cord and neck. When the property owner knew or should have known of a hazard that resulted in your injuries, John can help you bring a claim.
  • Animal attacks – When a dangerous animal attacks an innocent person, he or she may be able to bring a claim against the owner of the dog or of the property where the attack occurred.

  • Inadequate security – A property owner can also be held liable for your injuries if he or she knew criminal activity was likely. For example, if a shopping mall had several robberies in its parking ramp and did not fix its inadequate security, it could be held liable when a visitor is injured in a robbery.

Contact The Law Office Of John Adams Christiansen, L.C.

If you were injured on another person's property, contact us to arrange a free initial consultation. You may send us an email or call us at 816-298-9892.