We're Ready to
Help You File a Claim

Start the process today by contacting us for a free consultation.

Get in Touch

Missouri Workers’ Compensation

Law Office Of John Adams Christiansen, LC March 3, 2022

An injured worker should first report their injury to the employer (see notice requirements below) and request medical treatment be provided for it. Keep a record and copy of the notice of injury as well documentation on your initial medical treatment. Make sure to explain to any and all health care providers that your injury is work-related and specify how you were injured or believe you were injured. Your condition may be one where the medical causation is an issue requiring the opinion of a physician to support it in order for you to get medical treatment voluntarily provided by the employer and/or its' workers' compensation insurance company early on. Your employer is required to provide reasonable and necessary medical treatment to cure and relieve you of the work injures. Your employer has the power to choose the healthcare provider. Any bills you receive should be presented to your employer/workers' compensation insurance company. It is the requirement of the employer to file a Report of Accident with the Division of Workers' Compensation. It is the responsibility of the injured worker (or your attorney) to file a Claim for Compensation with the Division of Workers' Compensation.